Microblading is a cosmetic procedure that is classified under Permanent Makeup. Microblading is semi-permanent as it is less invasive than traditional methods of permanent makeup. With Microblading results typically last 18-24 months with most skin types. The procedure uses a hand tool that etches the “hair” individually into the skin. This gives it a fuller appearance that looks completely natural. This procedure is for anyone looking to enhance their natural eyebrow shape, or for those with little to no eyebrows at all.
How do we determine the ideal shape?
Our Artists will determine your ideal shape by measuring 9 key points on your face. We will use these measurements, to select the ideal shape, width, and arch to achieve beautiful natural looking brows that compliment all the features of your face.
How will we determine the ideal color?
Everyone’s Brows are different, so we will evaluate several factors. Skin tone, skin type, and most importantly natural eyebrow color. The pigment that yields the best results is often a shade darker than your natural eyebrow color.
How long does it take?
From start to finish about two and half hours for your first session. Our brow experts will first shape and style your brows for your approval, then we select a pigment based on your natural eyebrow color. Once your choices are finalized we can begin the actual procedure. Bring some head phones take a nap and wake up with perfect brows. The second touch up session takes place 4- 6 weeks after and lasts about an hour.
How long does it last?
Microblading pigments are not implanted into the skin as deep as traditional tattoos. Because of this the area will naturally fade overtime. Microblading typically lasts 18-24 months, depending on skin type (normal, oily, dry). If you desire to maintain your original results a recommend touch up can take place after 18-24 months.
Is it Painful?
Before we begin we numb your Brows with a topical anesthetic. There may be slight discomfort but it is very minimal.
How long will it take me to heal?
Your eyebrows will be darker than you anticipated, and slightly red. This is a normal part of the healing process, after two or three days the color will begin to lighten and a slight scab may form. It is important to not pick the scab as it will affect your overall results. There is no downtime and you can return to work immediately after. Healing process takes 7-14 days for your brows to heal, and a month before the pigment settles. This helpful illustration will walk you thru your first few weeks
Do I need a touch up?
With some skin types the procedure may only take one session. Everyone will heal at a different rate so if your color fades during the healing process a second session is included in your original purchase. Touch up sessions take place after 4-6 weeks after the pigment has completely settled.
What do I need to do before and after Microblading?
- Avoid Alcohol, Aspirin, and any supplements that may thin your blood
- Abstain from Tanning 2 weeks prior to procedure so we can access your natural skin tone
- No facial scrubs or peels two weeks before.
- Bring head phones it makes the process seem quicker.
- Aftercare kits will be provided to you after your appointment.
- Don’t immerse your new brows in water for at least 14 days.
- Clean and apply the provided healing balm every 2 hours for the first 4 days.
- If a scab forms DON’T PICK IT!! it will affect the final results.
- No Swimming, Sauna, or Steam Room for 2 weeks.
Why do I have to pay a deposit?
We ask a $100 deposit because your reserving the Artists time for up to 3 hours. Our cancellation policy allows a complete refund within 24 hours of your appointment time.
Is Microblading suitable for everyone?
Microblading is NOT suitable for the following individuals without physician approval:
Those individuals with:
- diabetes or taking blood thinners.
- a deep tan, or those that recently had a chemical peel.
- botox injections in the related area.
- skin disease or irritations.
- serious medical conditions that may require a physicians approval.
- pregnant or nursing clients interested in Microblading: we suggest consulting with your physician first.
Individuals that have extremely sensitive skin can opt for a patch test 7-10 before your appointment to see how your skin reacts to the pigment.
Still have questions?
We can be reached anytime at Customerservice@timberlinenailsandspa.com or at one of our two locations during normal business hours.